March 25, 2010

A Tale of Four Polls: Public Still Overwhelmingly Against Obamacare Cram-down

Via the Senate Republicans Communications Center (so liberals will immediate ignore/discount it for intruding on their community-based reality), but still simply citing the facts:


Mostly Approve: 40%

Mostly Disapprove: 49% (Quinnipiac University Poll, 3/22-23/10)


Favor: 38%

Oppose: 50% ("Bloomberg National Poll," 3/19-22/10, P.1)


Approve: 37%

Disapprove: 48% ("CBS News Poll," 3/18-21/10, P. 4)


Favor: 39%

Oppose: 59% ("CNN Opinion Research Poll," 3/19-21/10, P.2)

No matter which one of these polls you look at, support for the Democrat's health care rationing scheme never exceeds 40%.

Posted by Confederate Yankee at March 25, 2010 02:08 PM

They missed the Gallup poll (the only one other than Qunnipac I've seen taken after the law passed).

Gallup has the exact opposite 49-40 split.

49 good thing
40 bad thing

with Independents also46-45 in favor of the new law.

Posted by: Jim at March 25, 2010 02:43 PM

Maybe Gallup doubled the usual over sampling of democrats.

Posted by: MANstreammedia at March 25, 2010 03:17 PM

The 40 percent who approve don't care about the opinion of the other 60 percent as they see themselves as the anointed ones, and the others as ignorant, venal or deluded.

Posted by: zhombre at March 25, 2010 03:52 PM

An American rightist saying the left has a messiah complex?

oh god the irony it hurts

Posted by: Ryan at March 25, 2010 05:13 PM

Rassmusen has 55% on those that want repeal. His polls seem somewhat more accurate.

Posted by: David at March 25, 2010 06:34 PM

Ryan, you must have a poor tolerance for irony or a poor understanding of the word. Isn't Obama the declared Light-Worker? Truly a Messiah as Jesse Jackson said? Isn't his support flogged in grade schools with mantra-like chanting being taught to kindergarteners? Girl, you KNOW it's true!
Whatever. Pathetic. I yearn to see the Republican declaring Bush or Reagan a messiah. Perhaps you have a youtube.

Anyhow, yes, Rasmussen has proven to be a leading indicator. O has recovered migthily there, not in overalls but Stronglies, a phenomenon he has achieved in a couple other circumstances but somehow it trends back quickly AND, here is the part for Lefties predicting an O surge, all the movement is in the Strongly Approves. The Strongly Dissapproves just continue a slow climb. It is the Stongly Approves that are volatile, and why might that be? Could it be that these poor fools are the ones who actually BELIEVE the, um, messiah sits in the Oval? Who actually think there is an Obama Stash of greenbacks with which he spreads the wealth? Oh yeah. I wonder where the disgusting parties interviewed at the Panic In Detroit are now and how they are enjoying their Obama Money. For the ironically impaired, it is nearly certain they have received no such money as even the program as stated had funds for something like 5 percent of the assembled throng. Inevitable dissappointments like this are driving the pillar to post whipping of the O-bots. They are, if they are capable, learning the limits of gub largesse. They are learning the Thatcherite lesson that socialism burns through other peoples' money with alacrity leaving nothing but the voracious hunger of gub for more and yet more while they are able to dispense less and yet less. Joy.

Posted by: megapotamus at March 26, 2010 04:44 AM

I was reading about one of the polls that showed a majority against the new legislation. Something like 11-12% (I forget the exact number) were against it because it didn't go far enough towards a true single payer system.

Up until recently, that's how I felt, too. Eventually, I decided that this legislation is a start in the right direction, one step at a time!

Posted by: Dude at March 26, 2010 08:46 AM

Just sitting here smile at you Dude, as I have said before, you will get yours when you find out what this legislation does to you and you family.

Posted by: David at March 26, 2010 10:33 AM

Yeah on mantras. Mine is, the Republic will remain and the nationalizing socialists will not.

Posted by: Ron at March 26, 2010 11:11 AM

I was thinking of Thomas Sowell's Vision of the Anointed. I know a lot of insulated Stepford Libs, as I live in the district represented by Kathy Castor, one of the most liberal members of Congress, and they have little tolerance for or even understanding of opposing views.

Posted by: zhombre at March 27, 2010 11:16 AM